Dr. Nikki Lam found her inspiration when she accepted a part-time job offer as a Dental Assistant. As a child, she had suffered through a horrible dental experience, so she only took this job to help her family. Little did she know at the time that sitting on the other side of the dental chair, changing people’s smiles, gave her a thrill that she had never before experienced. Today, she can’t imagine doing anything else; dentistry is not just a career for Dr. Lam, it’s her passion. “There is no better feeling than when I can make a difference in my patient’s oral health, overall health and most importantly, their confidence.”
Dr. Lam received her BS degree from the University of California-Davis in 2001, with a major in Biology and a minor in Medical Microbiology. She earned her Doctor of Dental Medicine from Boston University Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine in 2006. She has been practicing dentistry in the Dallas area since 2007, and has earned numerous awards and achievements, including:
• Graduate Dental School With Honors
• American Dental Association Endodontic Outstanding Student Award
• Boston University Outstanding Restorative Dentistry Award
• Enteral/Oral Conscious Sedation Certified
• Advanced training in Orthodontics by Academy of GP Orthodontics
• Advanced training in Endodontics by LVI – Las Vegas Dental Institution.
• Advanced training in Implantology, University of Texas, San Antonio
• Invisalign Certified
• Member of Dental of American Dental Association and Texas Dental Association
Dr. Lam has been married since 2012 to Dr. Long Nguyen, who practices dentistry in Arlington. In her spare time, Dr. Lam enjoys cooking, interior design, embroidery, music, travel and spending time with her two year old boy, Alexander
Dr. Lam welcomes new patients to her practice, and encourages anyone looking for a warm, caring environment to make an appointment with her office.